When you use Kriqit, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information. We recommend that you read this along with our Privacy Overview, which highlights key points about our privacy practices (including what information we collect, when we collect it, and how we use it).
Last Modified: N/A
Effective Date: September 28, 2018
DATA COLLECTIONS AND USES
SUMMARY: This policy applies to users of Kriqit’s services anywhere in the world, including users of
Kriqit’s apps, websites, features or other services.DETAIL:
- Customers: users who request or receive lawn maintenance services through the App or the Website
- Contractors: users who provide lawn maintenance services through the App or the Website
This policy also applies to those who provide information to Kriqit in connection with an application to use our services, or whose information Kriqit otherwise receives in connection with its services. All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” for purposes of this policy.
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us if you have questions on our practices in your country or region.
SUMMARY: Kriqit provides services to users in the United States. Rent A Landscaper, LLC is the data controller for your information. We may process personal information inside and outside of the United States.
If you live in the United States, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected
by Kriqit or its affiliates is:
Rent A Landscaper, LLC
1800 Hog Mountain Rd. Building 300, Suite 101 Watkinsville, GA, 30677, USA
Questions, comments and complaints about Kriqit’s data practices can be submitted to Kriqit’s data protection office through here.
We may process personal information inside and outside of the United States. Kriqit transfers information of users’ outside the United States on the basis of mechanisms approved under applicable laws.
The Information We Collect SUMMARY: Kriqit collects:
- Information that you provide to Kriqit, such as when you create your Kriqit account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device
- Information from other sources, such as Kriqit partners and third parties that use Kriqit
The following information is collected by or on behalf of Kriqit:
Information you provide may include:
We collect information when you create or update your Kriqit account. This may
include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers such as Social Security number, driver’s license, or passport if required by law, birth date, photo, and signature. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Kriqit account.
We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys.
In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
We may collect information that you submit when you contact Kriqit customer
support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact Kriqit. Information created when you use our services may include:
- Location Information
- Depending on the Kriqit services that you use, and your app settings or device
permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as
determined through data such as GPS, IP address, and/or WiFi.
- If you are a Contractor, Kriqit collects location information when the Kriqit app is
running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- Depending on the Kriqit services that you use, and your app settings or device
- Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type
of services you requested or provided, your order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes
information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Statement.
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services,
including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
We enable users to communicate with each other and Kriqit through the Kriqit apps,
websites, and other services. For example, we may enable Customers and Contractors to call or text each other without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other. To provide this service, Kriqit receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. Kriqit may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
Information from other sources may include:
- User feedback, such as as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Kriqit business partners through which you create or access your Kriqit account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Kriqit’s APIs or whose API Kriqit uses.
- Insurance providers.
- Financial services providers (if you are a Contractor).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Kriqit may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
SUMMARY: Kriqit collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient services. We also
use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
Kriqit does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
Kriqit uses the information it collects for purposes including:
Providing services and features
Kriqit uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our
products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Enable the provision of services.
- Process or facilitate payments for those services.
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our
- To track the progress of your ride or delivery.
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver or refer a friend to Kriqit.
- Enable features to personalize your Kriqit account.
- Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information, in certain countries, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases such incidents may lead to deactivation by means of an automated decision making process.
- Using user ratings to encourage improvement by affected users, and as grounds for deactivating users with ratings below a certain minimum as may be required in their region. Calculation and deactivation may be done through an automated decision making process.
Kriqit uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
Communications among users
Kriqit uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users.
Communications from Kriqit
Kriqit may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
Kriqit may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as an Kriqit user.
Kriqit may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Kriqit’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
websites, emails, and online ads for purposes described in this policy.
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and
interests of people who interact with our services
Information Sharing And Disclosure
SUMMARY: Some of Kriqit’s products, services and features require that we share information with
other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Kriqit may share the information we collect:
With other users
For example, if you are a Contractor, we may share your first name, Kriqit ratingand
other relevant information with Customer(s).
- At your request
- Kriqit business partners.
For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering
made by a third party, Kriqit may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs, or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom Kriqit may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users — including through public forums such as Kriqit blogs,
social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
With the owner of Kriqit accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information
with the owner of that profile.
With Kriqit service providers and business partners
Kriqit may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research
firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in
partnership with Kriqit or on Kriqit’s behalf.
- Vendors that assist Kriqit to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Insurance and financing partners.
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Kriqit may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law,
regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
- This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Kriqit’s rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder.
- This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
With your consent
Kriqit may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you
and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion SUMMARY:
Kriqit retains user profile and other information for as long as you maintain your Kriqit account.
Kriqit retains transaction, location, usage and other information for 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance or other requirements in the places in which it operates. Kriqit thereafter deletes or anonymizes such information in accordance with applicable laws.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Following such request, Kriqit deletes the information that it is not required to retain, and restricts access to or use of any information it is required to retain.
Kriqit requires user profile information in order to provide its services, and retains such information for as long you maintain your Kriqit account.
Kriqit retains certain information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, for a minimum of 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. Once such information is no longer necessary to provide Kriqit’s services, enable customer support, enhance the user experience or other operational purposes, Kriqit takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through the Privacy Settings in the Kriqit app, or via Kriqit’s website (riders and delivery recipients here; drivers and delivery partners here). Following such request, Kriqit deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, Kriqit may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Kriqit will delete your account as described above.
Kriqit may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such
as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, if Kriqit shuts down a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Kriqit may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Kriqit account in the future.
CHOICE AND TRANSPARENCY
SUMMARY: Kriqit provides means for you to see and control the information that Kriqit collects,
- in-app privacy settings
- device permissions
- in-app ratings pages
- marketing opt-outs
You may also request that Kriqit provide you with explanation, copies or correction of your data.
The Privacy Settings menu in the Kriqit rider app gives users the the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Kriqit. Information on these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings are described below.
Kriqit uses rider’s device location services. Location data helps improve our services.
You may enable/disable, or adjust, Kriqit’s collection of rider location information at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the Kriqit app, or via the settings on your mobile device. In addition, location information will be collected from another user related to your services and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Kriqit to collect your location information.
Notifications: Account and Service Updates
Kriqit provides users with service status notifications and updates related to your account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Kriqit app, and cannot be disabled. However, you may choose the method by which you receive these notifications through the Privacy Settings menu in the Kriqit app.
Notifications: Discounts and News
You may enable Kriqit to send you push notifications about discounts and news from Kriqit. You may enable/disable these notifications at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the Kriqit app.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Kriqit app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Kriqit app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
After every job, users are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the job went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for all users.
Your Contractor rating is available in the main menu of the Kriqit app.
Your Customer rating is available in the Ratings tab of the Kriqit app.
EXPLANATIONS, COPIES AND CORRECTION
You may request that Kriqit:
- Provide a detailed explanation regarding the information Kriqit has collected about you and how it uses that information.
- Receive a copy of the information Kriqit has collected about you.
- Request correction of any inaccurate information that Kriqit has about you.
- You can make these requests by contacting Kriqit here.
- You can also edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account
through the Settings menu in Kriqit’s apps. You can also look up your trips, orders and deliveries history in the Kriqit apps.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Kriqit here. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Kriqit by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY SUMMARY: We may occasionally update this policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Kriqit apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.